LUMS Energy Institute
The Energy Institute at LUMS serves as a think tank, center of technical excellence, knowledge network, and capacity building ground for the nation to institutionalize a renewable rich future for Pakistan in the most sustainable and cost-effective way possible.
Power and Energy Planning
• Integrated Resource Planning / Integrated System Planning
• Policies and regulation support and advice
• Demand forecasting (long, medium and short term)
• Study new sources of demand including CPEC, young population, electric vehicles etc.
• Implications on water, food and environment
• Energy economics and business models
Adoption of Renewable Energy Technologies
• Optimal use of new renewable generation technologies in the power sector
• Grid integration studies and renewable energy production forecasting
• Capacity expansion and unit commitment models
• Role of storage and its technology assessment
• Renewable generation siting and microgrids for rural electrification.
• Disruptive technologies for the future of renewable power